Sussex Roads Police said “We’re starting to see a few crashes related to icy roads tonight: please slow down, expect hazardous conditions, and get to where you need to be safely”
Updated 01:00 am 17/01/23 – Updates have now finished for the evening please check our live travel page in the morning for live updates. http://www.sussex.news/travel
Highways South East advise –
- The A27 in West Sussex is closed eastbound between A285 near (Tangmere) and B2132 (Slindon Common) due to a serious collision. Emergency services are in attendance.
Traffic is currently being diverted via local roads
- The A26 is closed in both directions between #A259 (#Newhaven) and A27 (Beddingham) due to a serious collision resulting in one of the vehicles overturning.
- The A23 in East Sussex is closed in both directions between A281 (near Pyecombe) and A2300 (Hickstead) due to a collision which has resulted in a car leaving the carriageway.
Sussex TW Updates
- A27 Eastbound east of Fontwell closed due to an ongoing serious Rtc road likely to remain closed for some considerable time, maybe into Tuesday rush hour
- Sussex TW also reported a number of other RTC in Sussex:
- RTC on the A23 at Pyecombe
- RTC with a reported overturned car on the A26 just north of Newhaven
- RTC A273 between Hassocks and Burgess Hill
A284 at Crossbush closed due to an overturned vehicle
RTC #A22 Southbound at #Woodside. Update 01:00: one lane open but the road is really icy. In fact, one of the police officers on site almost did a solo Torvill and Dean act (minus Bolero).
WARNING: Peacehaven A259 by the golf club on the bend of the road is covered in black ice 3 cars already had accidents. – Update 1 am Stil Very treacherous on this section of road reports of very dangerous on the bend
For a live traffic feed from SussexTW please go to Twitter or to our travel page www.Sussex.News/Travel
Make sure you tune in to the Regency Breakfast with Mark Dodson for the latest travel news with @_travelnick Listen to @RegencyRadio on DAB in the Brighton area, Freeview channel 277, or on the Regency Player regencyradio.co.uk/player/