Thursday, June 20, 2024
regency radio sussex news
Click here to listen to Regency Radio The Number One Advert Free Radio Station in Sussex

Family Home in Lewes Saved from Disaster by Working Smoke Alarms

On the morning of Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024, at approximately 3.25am, the East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service responded to a fire alert at a residence in Lansdown Place, Lewes.

The fire, which originated from embers under garden decking that were thought to be extinguished, managed to spread to the house. Fortunately, the installed smoke alarms quickly alerted the residents, allowing them to evacuate safely and ensuring a rapid response from the emergency services.

Firefighting teams from Lewes and Preston Circus stations were dispatched to the scene. They successfully managed to put out the fire, which had moved from the decking into the house. The presence of working smoke alarms in the property was instrumental in ensuring the safety of the occupants, with no casualties reported as a result.

Watch Manager Steve Deakin, who was in attendance, said: ‘’Incidents such as these underscore the critical importance of properly maintained and operational smoke alarms in safeguarding lives and property. We urge members of the public to ensure they have enough working smoke alarms in their homes and in the right places.’’

More Sussex News

Sussex News Pages

sussex news logo
Click here to listen to Regency Radio

Sussex Coast News

error: Content is protected by Sussex News