This morning crews from Turners Hill were mobilised to a domestic fire alarm activation in Salfords, Surrey.
En route they were redirected to a persons reported house fire in Redhill. As first in attendance they were met with a significant fire in a garage which was spreading to the first floor and the roof space.
Thankfully all of the occupants had evacuated and were unharmed.
Rapid actions meant the fire was knocked down and once additional resources had arrived Breathing Apparatus was committed by both Surrey Fire Service and West Sussex Fire Service.
Crews left the scene at around 9:15am in the capable hands of Surrey crews.
Another call for Tuners Hill Fire This time to the South of England Showground to extinguish a fire in a skip caused by a discarded BBQ.
Turners Hill Fire would like to remind people
” Please be extra careful when using disposable BBQs or getting rid of used coals.
These have been the cause of a lot of fires recently and are a real danger to the environment if not used correctly.
During this heatwave please remember the ground is very dry and will catch fire and spread quickly.”