Monday, May 20, 2024
regency radio sussex news
Click here to listen to Regency Radio The Number One Advert Free Radio Station in Sussex

Horsham Council issue advice after a waste truck caught fire last week

Last week one of Horsham’s Council waste collection trucks caught fire. Thankfully no one was hurt, and three crews from West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service attended to get things under control. The most likely cause of the fire is a lithium ion battery from a mobile phone

Horsham council Said

“When someone put this into their recycling, we’re sure they didn’t think that it would lead to three fire crews, significant disruption for residents of the road, and over five tonnes of recycling going to waste. But it did.”

“We’re going to be sharing more posts this summer about what can and cannot be recycled, and if you have a question please just ask. In this particular case, small electricals can be recycled using our free collection service, or taken to a Recycling Centre.”

More Sussex News

Sussex News Pages

sussex news logo
Click here to listen to Regency Radio

Sussex Coast News

error: Content is protected by Sussex News