East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service are reminding people of the importance of working smoke alarms after an accidental fire in Brighton.
A dog was rescued by crews who attended the fire at a residential property on Terminus Road at 23:44 on 11 January 2023.
Four fire engines attended and crews used breathing apparatus, one main jet and two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
No injuries were reported.
The smoke alarm in the property worked and a neighbour raised the alert, allowing for the rescue of the dog as the occupants were out.
Smoke also affected a neighbouring property but there was no way to access it.
Anyone leaving properties empty for any period of time should consider sharing information with neighbours just in case of emergencies.