Monday, May 20, 2024
regency radio sussex news
Click here to listen to Regency Radio The Number One Advert Free Radio Station in Sussex

4 Fire engines attend kitchen fire in Brighton block of flats

An accidental kitchen fire broke out in a residential building on Albion Street, Brighton last night (23 May). East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (ESFRS) attended the incident after been called at 20:58 reporting the incident.

Four appliances were dispatched from the Brighton, Roedean and Hove stations to manage the fire. Firefighters, donning breathing apparatus (BA) and using their main jet to extinguish the fire. To ensure the site was completely safe, they employed thermal imaging cameras to scan for any potential hot spots.

a ESFRS spokesperson said in a statement: “4 fire engines were in attendance from Brighton, Roedean & Hove.

“The fire was accidental caused by cooking on the stove. The sprinkler system in the building was activated which helped minimise the spread of the fire.  

“All persons were accounted for and there were no casualties.”

More Sussex News

Sussex News Pages

sussex news logo
Click here to listen to Regency Radio

Sussex Coast News

error: Content is protected by Sussex News